Thursday, December 3, 2009

December!


Wow. Time is flying. I can't believe that November is gone. Nano is finished and here we are racing toward the holidays.

Even my hair is windblown. (kidding)

I haven't blogged in a while. Busy with work (my busiest month in a very, very long time). But in spite of the craziness, I managed to write 23,000 words this month. (can you hear me giving myself a little round of applause?) I still have my goal at finishing it in January and revising it for another three months after that if all goes well.

I'm so out of the blogging loop and I'm terribly curious how your November went.

For those of you who did Nano, how did you do?

For those of you who didn't, what's up?

And Critter says "Hi!" He has arrived and been very busy, getting into all kinds of trouble. I had some trouble with the camera with all the pictures but working that out. Will blog soon about Critter!

And the picture is one I took dangling out of the car. It's a Korean drying out gochu (red peppers). He had a giggle over me. I'm sure he's saying something like: "Meecchin waegook!" Translated: "Crazy foreigner!"

13 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

Clapping for you. :) 23,000 words is HUGE!
Didn't do NaNo myself. Not much going on with me. Doing a lot of shopping for Christmas.

Meg Wiviott said...

I'm so envious of everyone who did Nano. Not me. November flew by! But I think I'm still wondering what happened to September.

Kelly Polark said...

I agree with Meg, the kids started school and all of a sudden it's December!
That is a cool picture, I was wondering what all the red was.
And Congrats to your 23, 000 words. That is amazing! I've been revising and researching agents, but not as often as I'd have liked! December is just as crazy, so new goals may be for January!

Anna Staniszewski said...

Congrats on the 23k! I managed to finish NaNo for the second time this year. As usual it was grueling but also motivating. Mostly, I'm just happy to have a new complete draft that I can revise into something decent. Happy writing!

Tere Kirkland said...

Congrats on your word count.

Ooh, I love those little peppers-- they're delicious, but dangerus!

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

i only did 6000 but that's bc/ I had to revise my book for submission.

cant believe it is almost 2010

Bish Denham said...

Take up and stand a bow! 23,000 words is great.

I finished NaNo with just over 51,000 words and had a blast writing it. I'm not going to look at it till January.

Rena Jones said...

I'm glad to hear you're doing well and keeping busy. I didn't do NaNo this year either. Sounds like your writing is coming along great. As for me, I'm looking forward to Lemur Troops & Critter Groups to come out. It should be out really soon! :)

Christina Farley said...

Lots of great things happening!

Jennifer- Christmas shopping sounds like fun!

Meg- absolutely

Kelly- revising is tough work. Good luck!

Bish- WOWWWWW!!!!!

Thanks guys!

Stacy Nyikos said...

I second, third...or fourth that "where did the month go" feeling! I think I left my body (and a little of my brain) back in July somewhere.

Barrie said...

Hi! I popped over from Stacy Nyikos' blog. I've been to Seoul--to adopt. ;)

PJ Hoover said...

Welcome back! I was just thinking about Critter a couple hours ago, wondering how he was doing in Korea!

Nora MacFarlane said...

23,000 is great! I've been absent from blogging too. I've been crazy busy, and we had a death (expected) in the family as well. I skipped Nano this year to work on a novel revision. I'm hoping to send it out in January. I'm soooooo ready to start something else!!!

Love the pepper picture!