Friday, March 13, 2009

Busy Revising


Oh it's been so long since I've blogged. I've been having way too much fun revising my paranormal lately. When did revising become fun? Maybe I'm becoming a revising geek? Uh oh.

My class with Jill Santopolo has been AWESOME! She's been pushing me to work on deepening my characters emotions and adding tension to the plot.

I've taken a new twist on my novel with Jill's help by bringing in a love triangle into the story. She mentioned this sometime not too long ago (hence my love triangle post) and after mulling over it, I'm going for it. Big time.

I've never written a romance before but I'm realizing this story is definitely that and man, I'm having a blast doing it. Of course, I'm still doing all my crazy adventure stuff too because I hate getting bored.

The picture I attached is inspired from Carrie's blog. You can make your own here.

I'm going to call her Aleysha but haven't decided what superpowers she has. Any ideas?

11 comments:

Brenda said...

Glad you are enjoying your revisions and good luck with the love triangle...

Kate Fall said...

I thought that was a picture of a super reviser ready to slash those unnecessary clauses!

Martha Flynn said...

Revising is fun??? You must share your secret!

I am a sucker for love triangles so count me in for the new twist.

Does she have the superpower to make every day Saturday? Cuz I could use me some of that.

Marcia said...

When did revising become fun? Maybe I'm becoming a revising geek? Uh oh.

I love revising! It's great that you're so into it right now. Hope it goes great.

Kelly Polark said...

Sweet Superhero! I'm going to try one!
Her superhero strength can be slice through a manuscript cutting all unnecessary words then with a blink of an eye adding adventure!
Good luck with the revisions, that is a great sign that you are enjoying your changes!

Christina Farley said...

Kate- love that! Super Reviser!
Martha- sigh. Saturday everyday...
Marcia- thanks and you too!
Kelly- defintely get yourself one. Very handy

Lenore Appelhans said...

My dorky superpower of choice is to be able to speak every language on Earth and in the universe. Like C 3PO or as if I had a babel fish in my ear.

C.J. Raymer said...

Ohhhh, yeah...love is always fun to play with. Hope you continue to enjoy your revisions. I love revising as well. I don't know why, other than it enables me to see all of the possibilities. Kinda like a face-lift, everything becomes nice, tight, and lifted. (Geesh! I need to stop watching Dr. 90210.)

Nora MacFarlane said...

I love revising too. It's so much easier than the creating part.

I like Martha's suggestion to make every day Saturday. Do you think you could arrange that??? : P

Unknown said...

AH! I loved doing that!! SO MUCH FUN! :)

Good luck with writing/revisions--

Rena Jones said...

Good luck with your story, Christina.