Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap

Picture from Humannatureart
Today is Leap Day. It happens only once every four years. And to me there's something magical, mysterious, even hopeful about a day that doesn't show up every year.

Or maybe it's the word.

Leap.

It's an action word that hangs out with other words such as spring, vault, bound, jump. The images that skip through my mind:

Or perhaps its the thought that I'm human. That I can take the plunge and try anything. Something new, something daring, something that's hidden inside me, itching to be accomplished.

I don't really know. But I do know that it's got me thinking about taking leaps and trying new things that take me out of my comfort zone and stretching me in new ways.

What about you? What is something that you would like to take a leap and do?

5 comments:

Bonnee Crawford said...

I think my leap day failed. I got all sick and stuff. :P Hahaha!

I'd like to take a leap and just disappear off on an adventure to a place I haven't been before. One day I will do it. I should probably finish school first is all....

Kelly Polark said...

Perfect photos to go along with this day!
I think we should all take this extra day and make the best of it!

Christina Farley said...

Bonnee- I'm so sorry you got sick! That's awful!

Kelly- yes! Let's do that!

Michael Horvath said...

I would take some of my savings and spend a week overseas.

Christina Farley said...

Michael- or you could do what I did and get a job overseas!