Thursday, November 12, 2009
Writer's Shopping List
A while back, I blogged about getting your idea. So now that you've got the idea, the next step is to daydream some more. Love it. I mean, what profession tells you to stare off into space and let your mind wander? Seriously.
Next is shopping!
Here's my writer's shopping list:
1. Very cool journal- big enough to jot all my notes and ideas into for this book. I like to splurge on this one. For my current WIP, I'm using a journal I bought at the gift shop of a French castle. It's got this cool medieval hard cover. Very inspirational.
2. Big piece of butcher paper- I get this from school
3. Colored sticky notes- blue, pink, yellow and purple (you can choose any ones you like)
4. Pens and pencils- they must be the fun kind. I got a heart and a star one.
5. Music- I go to I-tunes. Since my current WIP is set in Asia, I bought a bunch of Asian tunes for my i-pod.
6. Treats- dark chocolate (of course!) and coffee (must be caffeinated for me!)
7. Magazines- I get the old ones from the library that they are giving away
Next time, I'll go into detail on what I do with all this stuff.
So, how about you? What's on your writer's shopping list?