Tuesday, February 12, 2013

SCBWI NY and the MiGs

One of the best parts of going to conferences is meeting up with writing friends. Two years ago, my online crit group, The MiG Writers committed to each other that we'd all go to the SCBWI conference together. And we did!


Above you'll see a picture of all the MiG Writers in one place at one time! It was the first moment we got to meet together. We had so much fun talking about writing, life, publishing, well just about everything.


Susan Laidlaw gave me an autographed copy of her book, AN INFIDEL IN PARADISE. It was such a great moment seeing this book come into a reality.


Debbie Ridpath Ohi signed I'M BORED, the book she illustrated for us.
 
 
Carmella Van Vleet and me being silly.


Kate Fall and me hanging out in the lobby.


Andrea Mack and me seeing each other again (She visited Florida a while back so this was my second time seeing her).

We even made a video of our time. Check it out!


7 comments:

Caroline Starr Rose said...

Very cute! I've yet to meet my critique partners. Someday, I hope.

Andrea Mack said...

It was so fun, Christy! (Even though I don't look like I'm having fun in the pictures...what can I say? I save my non-quiet side for my novels).

Next time I'm going to arrange to stay longer...

Kimbra Kasch said...

I would so LOVE to do this one day. Meet up with all the ECO women I blog with at a conference. I think it would be soooooo much fun!

Thanks for sharing this - at least I can live vicariously for now :D

play bazaar said...


If you cannot find a job, consider adjusting your approach. Just because lots of places aren't many jobs doesn't mean you should give up.play bazaar You may consider going to another area, but make sure that you can afford the commute if you get hired.satta king

Sattakingin said...

When investing in residential real estate, make sure you know the neighborhood you are buying in. Some neighborhoods offer better resale potential, while others are better for long or short term rentals. By knowing your neighborhood, you can create a smart business plan that nets you the highest potential for future profits.
satta king
play bazaar

Play said...

Are you new to the game of basketball? Have you seen it on TV and wondered how they are able to make all those great plays? Perhaps you would just like to know the basics so you can follow the game. If that's the case then read on for simple tips that will introduce you to the game of basketball.
satta king
play bazaar
satta matka

Unknown said...

By perusing the tips above, you ought to have the option to detect a sound exchange when you see one. Clearly you will in any case need to continue realizing past what this article has shown you, yet this is an extraordinary spot to begin on your crucial earn substantial sums of money in the Forex showcase.Satta King
Play Bazaar