Sunday, May 29, 2011

My 20 Minute Trial

As you all may have remembered, I was having a hard time sitting my butt in the chair to write last winter (see here). It's been a roller coaster of a year with moving, getting back into full time teaching, taking classes and taking all of my teaching certificate tests again. (I had certificates in three states and smart me thought one of the them was still active. Still kicking myself for letting that expire.)

The mere thought of finishing my revisions and querying an agent who I thought might be right for me seemed daunting. So I just didn't.

But then spring came and I started to feel like I was treading water rather than sinking. So I thought, yeah I could do 20 minutes of writing a day. And let me tell you baby, it worked!

At first it really was only 20 minutes but as the days grew, I started finding my muse again, started finding time (I've learned to become very efficient), pulled out the caffeine and wrote, wrote, wrote.

Actually I started writing like a mad women.

And in two and a half weeks it will be SUMMER. This will be the first summer I've had in 10 years where I haven't had to travel, shop for a year, and see all the relatives. My summer plans? Write a book, or two. It's going to be great. No, it's going to be awesome.

I Can. Not. Wait.

7 comments:

Andrea Mack said...

Christy, I am so excited for you! I can hardly wait to have the summer to write too!

Angela Ackerman said...

Good for you, Christy! I hope it's a really productive summer for you!

Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

Karen Jones Gowen said...

What a great idea. I might try this!

Anne M Leone said...

Hah! You know you're a writer when the best idea you can imagine for your free time is to write. =) Good luck with it!

Unknown said...

Hooray for an awesome writing summer. Looking forward to hearing about your progress.

Christina Farley said...

I'll be sure to blog about it!

Marcia said...

Christina, this sounds great. I wish you tons of production.