Thursday, October 21, 2010

Disney's Food and Wine Festival

Can I just say delish? Fabulous? Divine?


Last weekend hubby and I went on a date (!!!!!!!) to Epcot's Food and Wine Festival. And let me tell you was so fun. We took about 3 hours to walk around the lake, stopping at different countries along the way.

Our first stop was Argentina where we ate Grilled Beef Skewer with Chimichurri Sauce and Boniato Puree. I think that was my favorite.


Then we headed to Mexico for a Tamal de Pollo. Yum...

South Korea was there for the first time! They had kimchi slaw!

Oh and then there was Italy. I just love Italian food and I wasn't disappointed. We ordered baked cheese ravioli and Cannolo Al Cioccolato and ate it on the steps overlooking the lagoon while listening to Sister Hazel. How cool is that?

At Australia, we ate the Grilled Lamp Chop with Roasted Potato Salad and Red Wine Reduction. I have to say that the lamb wasn't as good as when we ate in Australia, but I would still recommend it.


Then to complete the night we had the dessert trio of Strawberry Angel Verrine, Pear Streusel Pudding Cake, Dark Chocolate Sensation, and Rose Imperial.


The festival runs until Nov. 14th so there's still time to head over for some good food!

6 comments:

Marcia said...

Oh my, I'm holding my stomach and groaning with pleasure just thinking about it. How great is it to eat your way around the world? I saw that you worked chocolate in, too. :)

Kelly Polark said...

That sounds so fun and yummy!
Last time we were at Disney, my inlaws watched the kids for a night so my hubby and I could eat and drink our way through Epcot. I liked having champagne and cheese in France the best!

Kimbra Kasch said...

I'll be in Florida in November - could you talk them into holding it over...? Pretty-please.

Stacy Nyikos said...

Yum! My brother and his family LOVE Epcot. I've got to get there with mine. It sounds like so much fun!

C.R. Evers said...

mmmmm . . . sounds fabulous! And fun! Lucky girl, you!

Nora MacFarlane said...

Robb and I were there last year for Christmas. So beautiful! We ate at the Chinese restaurant. I don't remember what it was called, but the meal was fabulous!