Sunday, June 13, 2010

It's Really Happening

The movers are here! Like in my house right now! After being up late last night doing last minute organizing of what will stay, what's going in suitcases and what's being shipped, now I get to sit here and relax. (Well, kind of)

I can't believe it's all happening. These last few weeks have been so busy with all the goodbye parties, us getting ready for the movers, packing up classrooms, and doing last minute shopping. It's all gone by in a whirl.

It's interesting how each of us are taking the move. Doug is stressed, I'm here blogging about the event, Caleb won't look at the truck and Luke is bouncy around thinking this is just so much FUN. I wonder how we'll deal with the transition in the next few months.


There's so much on my heart and mind about leaving, but I can't think about that right now. Soon, I think I'll write down some of my thoughts.

In the mean time, don't you like these pictures? Cool truck too!

They'll take this truck and put all our our boxes on a container and then they'll be shipped across the Pacific and the Panama Canal to Miami. Then by another truck, they'll take it up to Orlando. It should arrive at our house in a couple of months.

And isn't it cool how they build a box to fit the furniture?

15 comments:

Shannon Morgan said...

Best of luck with your move! When I was little, I was like Luke: excited for moves.

Andrea Mack said...

Christy, I hope it all goes smoothly!

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

good luck - now you'll be a bit closer to me :)

Larissa said...

I hope all goes smoothly, Christy! :)

Unknown said...

Is it weird that I find this fascinating? Because I so do--I've always wondered how transcontinental and transoceanic moves take place! Best of luck with everything, and I hope it all goes smoothly!

Karen Strong said...

Wow, I have trouble packing for a trip and you're packed and ready to leave a country. :)

Good luck on your move!

Unknown said...

We hope your transition goes smoothly and you can look back on your time at SFS as one that was filled with lots of love, joy, and happiness. Your new home awaits--ready to be filled up with new memories of joy, love and happiness!
Thinking of you and your family with love,
Amy

Nora MacFarlane said...

I wish you the best with your move, and hope you have a safe journey back to the states.

Will you be teaching in Orlando?

Anonymous said...

Praying for your family!

Crystal

Kelly Polark said...

That's a huge move! Good luck to you and your family!! Safe travels!

Anne M Leone said...

Wow--I can't believe the day is already here! Good luck with everything. Glad to see you enjoying it!

Is that a specific company you're working with, or did you arrange the movers to bring the packets to be shipped? Wondering as another person who may have a big move in my future. =)

Casey McCormick said...

Ahh! I can't beleive it's time. Awesome pictures, Christy. Thank you for sharing so much of your life with us. I love it.

I'll have you in my thoughts for a safe trip! How long will it take your stuff to get to home?

Crystal said...

Wishing you a safe trip back to the States, Christina!

Angela Ackerman said...

This is going to be such a shift for your family. Best of luck with the move and I hope it all goes smoothly!

Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

Christina Farley said...

Thanks guys for all of your kind words. It's an exciting time! Glad you can experience this with me.